Exchange Currency Safely at the Airport with CashSwap
CashSwap is the world’s first peer to peer traveler network specifically setup to enable free currency exchange at the airport. We’ve cut out the high priced middlemen we’ve all gotten used to. CashSwap is very similar to the most popular P2P services like Airbnb, Uber, Lyft, and letgo. In all of these examples, an individual needs something that would traditionally require an established and expensive provider. Just like CashSwap, all of these services allow another private individual to offer the item or service at a cost far below the standard rate.
When CashSwap was conceived, our primary goal was that travelers save as much money as possible when exchanging currency. We wanted travelers to be able to connect directly with each other at the airport the way they do in so many other aspects of their travels. When we actually designed the connection service, our primary goal was making that physical currency exchange as safe and secure as humanly possible.
How do we do this?
First and foremost, CashSwap restricts all currency exchange connections to being made within the security of an airport. Airports are already some of the most secure facilities in the world which makes them ideal for built-in safety measures such as cameras and security personnel.
As for the CashSwap Mobile App and the actual Traveler Connections, we like to say that Safety is PRIME.
- Photos – Every member must have a real photo used for their profile. Anyone without a legitimate photo will be removed from the network. To maintain member privacy, individual member photos are not revealed within the network until after a connection has been established for a qualifying exchange.
- Ratings – After every currency exchange, both members are required to return to the CashSwap app to rate the other. This allows future swappers to select the highest quality connections.
- Interaction – Once a connection has been agreed to in the CashSwap app based on the currency exchange criteria, the members must communicate via video, audio, or text within the app to arrange their meeting place. Video chat is the default. This serves 2 functions in that it reveals the identity of each party to the other and it allows us to retain the communication for security purposes.
- Maximum Swap Amounts – CashSwap will only allow a traveler to request connections valuing up to $2,000 USD per day, discouraging large volumes of cash to be exchanged using the network. By keeping the amounts low, the risk is also kept low.
- Empowerment – If at any point during the connection process, up to the physical meeting, either members feels unsafe, the connection can be cancelled.
You can see that we’ve taken member safety very seriously. We’ve restricted usage to the airport. We’ve put preventative measures in place to prevent an incident. We’ve built in features that will allow us to easily work with authorities in the unlikely event of an incident. Truly, CashSwap has it covered!
Download the app on Google Play now and see the savings in less than 60 seconds. There’s no need to sign up to check the rates!